The 2010 Del Sol Press Poetry Prize
Deadline for the 2010 contest is: March 15, 2010.
We invite contest submissions from both emerging and established poets, published or unpublished. In keeping with the philosophy of Web del Sol, we are only interested in the very best poetry, regardless of source or type.
Finalist manuscripts will also be considered for publication.
A $1,200 Honorarium, paid in Summer 2010; book publication by Del Sol Press in fall 2010, in The Annual Del Sol Press Poetry Series; and 20 copies of the winning book.
- Poets who are at least 18 years of age and who live inside or outside the United States.
- Translations are eligible.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable (as long as you let us know immediately if the manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere).
- Individual poems from the manuscript may have been published previously
in magazines, journals, anthologies, chapbooks, or self-published books,
but must be submitted in manuscript form. Published books in poetry
or other genres do not disqualify contestants from entering this contest.
- Employees, volunteers, and board members of Web del Sol, their partners, spouses, and immediate families, and immediate family, friends, and former students of the judge are not eligible.
- Deadline (postmark): March 15, 2010.
- 50 to 100 typed manuscript pages, each poem starts on a new page.
- $18.00 contest fee; Please make checks out to Web Del Sol.
- Include two cover pages: one with your contact information (phone,
email, address), and one with the title of your collection (minus your
name). Your name should not appear on the manuscript itself.
- Type or word-process on standard white paper, on one side of the page
- Paginate consecutively with a table of contents.
- Bind with a binder clip (no paperclips, please).
- Attach publications acknowledgments if any.
- Include a stamped, self-addressed postcard for notification of receipt
- Please keep a copy of your entry. Manuscripts not selected for publication
will be recycled.
- Multiple submissions are acceptable; include an additional reading fee of $5.00 with
Postmark no later than March 15, 2010 and include $18.00 contest fee to:
Del Sol Press Poetry Contest
Web del Sol Association
P.O. Box 1550
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
ATTN: Katie Shinkle/Contest Coordinator
- Queries to Katie Jean Shinkle, Contest Coordinator. Email: katie
"at" webdelsol.com (replace "at" with @).
THE JUDGE FOR THE 2010 POETRY PRIZE WILL BE JOEL BROUWER
To be announced.
Del Sol Press books are stored by Ingram and are available from Barnes & Noble and Amazon, among other fine retailers. Our titles can be found here.